This page will serve as a timeline of changes in response to the situation of the coronavirus pandemic. Please check back often as we will provide up to date information:
Wednesday, April 1:
Monday, March 30:
Sunday, March 29:
- Sweet Time of Prayer met online at 9am
- Pastor Nick’s Sunday message video
- Chinese small group, had teleconference call to worship together and learn the website and listen to the message.
- Young Adults met online for fellowship and prayer.
- President Trump has extended the Coronavirus Guidelines for America through April 30.
Friday, March 27:
- Council met online and prayed for church and each other. They made decision that Easter and Good Friday services will have to be online. Delegated some roles and responsibilities to compile a number of pre-recorded material from our own members to be shown live.
- Will continue to do online format until further notice.
- Looking at not resuming normal meetings until sometime in June.
Sunday, March 22:
- Sweet Time of Prayer meeting online at 9am
- Pastor David’s Sunday message video
Saturday, March 21:
Friday, March 20:
- Council met online, prayed for church, city and nation. They are discussing potential alternatives for Good Friday and Easter services if the Stay At Home order remains in effect.
Thursday, March 19:
- Governor Gavin Newsom issues a “Stay at Home” Order
- LA Public Health department issues similar “Safer at Home” order
- All church staff requested to work from home.
Monday, March 16:
Sunday, March 15:
- Special informational and prayer worship service planned at 11:00 am.
- Pastor Nick has prepared some informational pamphlets about the coronavirus to take home in both English and Chinese.
- The church has asked members to make sure we have their updated contact information to make sure we can properly send you updates over the coming weeks. You may login to your personal account with our new church management system here, (if you need your password, please contact Pastor Nick). In the future, you can use this account for volunteer scheduling, online group activities, and check your giving statement!
- Governor Newson establishes directive asking older adults and anyone with higher risk of serious illness to self-isolate.
- CDC recommends that any meetings over 50 people should be canceled for the next 8 weeks.
Saturday, March 14:
- Council met online earlier than scheduled as the concern grows for the safety of members. Finalized plans, to proceed ahead with original plan detailed on Thursday, with two exceptions. (1) Have a special information and prayer session instead of a normal service as they forsee not as many people will come on Sunday, but still felt it was important to gather and pray. (2) Shoot an official video statement that will be emailed and texted to all congregants later that day.
- Pastor David, Pastor Nick, Dc. Lily, Dc. Wilson, Gilbert, and Wendy meet at church to record video statement in both English and Chinese.
Friday, March 13:
- Purchased streaming license through CCLI
Thursday, March 12:
- California Public Health Department issues order stating: “Gatherings of individuals who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 should be
limited to no more than 10 people.”
- Pastor Nick calls impromptu Council meeting to discuss possible changes and adjustments accordingly.
- Council met virtually, and discussed, that starting Monday, March 16, until Good Friday/Easter Weekend, that in the best interest of our high risk congregants and public health, we would not hold any fellowships or meetings, and service elements will be pre-recorded and posted on our church website. Council planned to have one more service to share all the details of the implications of these changes. Council planned to meet again on Saturday to finalize decisions and plans.
Tuesday, March 10:
- Some members express more concern over the safety and health of our large group of high-risk members. It was suggested that the church should suspend all church activities. Council will take into consideration the suggestion according to other feedback from congregants as well as any official recommendations by authorities.
Sunday, March 8:
- Regular Council Meeting held after church service. The Council discussed looking into online pre-recorded messages to prepare in case the situation gets worse. Need to examine legality of posting content online, want to avoid any copyright infringement. They also recognized one member who may have a hard time purchasing needed supplies during this time of long lines and stock shortages. Pastor Nick and Gilbert have agreed to purchase items and deliver to member.
Thursday, March 5:
- Pastor Nick sends out general email detailing how Grace Community Church is responding to the growing number of cases of infections. Asking all congregants to use healthy hygiene practices.
Thursday, March 5:
- Pastor Nick sends out general email detailing how Grace Community Church is responding to the growing number of cases of infections. Asking all congregants to use healthy hygiene practices. An open invite to the regularly scheduled Council Meeting on Sunday, March 8 to discuss and express your concerns.
Tuesday, March 3:
- Outreach department details list of precautionary measures to be put into effect when cooking and serving food.
Sunday, January 26: