Life Group & Bible Study Notes
How do hardship and trials in your life right now help you see God’s hand? What have you learned recently in the midst of a difficult situation?
What role does obedience have in the growth of a follower of Christ? What is God asking you today to obey?
- 1 Corinthians 10:13: Why do you think God provides a way of escape? Have you found it to be true that God provides you with an escape hatch from sin?
- Matthew 12:33 & Luke 6:43–45: How important is bearing fruit in the disciple’s life? What is the natural outcome of a seed planted in the soil? Why do you think people’s words carry so much weight in today’s world (as opposed to their actions)?
- Matthew 13:1–23: Which soil indicates the counterfeit of the “fast start”? Who in your life represents rocky ground? Shallow soil? Thorns? Good soil?
- Hebrews 5:8, Matthew 21:28–32, & Proverbs 3:5–6: What do these verses say about the importance of obedience? What does God promise to those who trust and obey?
- 2 Corinthians 4:16–19 & 11:23–29: Why is perspective so valued in the kingdom of God? What specifically helps us endure hardship? How does having an eternal perspective put trials in their proper place? How does reading about Paul’s extreme trials help you change your perspective on your own?
- Romans 5:3–5 & James 1:2–4: According to the Romans passage, what does suffering cause? How have you learned to endure? According to the James passage, trials produce perseverance
and endurance. What is the ultimate goal of trials testing our faith?
- Hebrews 12:11–12: What role does courage have in the life of a person of faith? Why is it courageous to endure a trial? How does this inspire others? What do you think the author of
- Hebrews means when he encourages believers to strengthen our feeble arms and weak knees? Why does that take courage?
- Mark 10:17–27: Was the rich, young ruler obedient? Why or why not? What prevented him from pursuing the Kingdom of God? What holds you back from giving Jesus everything? What was your greatest spiritual boot camp experience? And what boot camp are you currently walking through? Where does God want you to do each of these in your life?
Walk humbly with your God:
Select at least one activity below to complete during the next week.
- Personal Action: Place your sticky note from Micah 6:8 in a prominent place. Pray about obeying God in that specific area. Then determine to obey, no matter how strange or difficult it
- Mentoring: What valuable spiritual lessons did you learn as a result of your trial? What advice would you give me as I face a new trial?
- Conversation: Share your sticky note with a close friend or accountability partner. Ask them to pray specifically for your obedience.
- Memorization: Type Micah 6:8 onto your phone (in the notes section), or create a Pin (Pinterest) with that verse. Schedule to text or email it to yourself daily as a reminder. Each time you see it, strive to memorize it.
- Pray: Ask God to help you thrive in your current spiritual boot camp. Ask that He would graciously supply obedience, perspective, endurance, confidence, and courage. Thank Him ahead of time for providing.