Life Group Homework/ Bible Study & Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study ）
Looking back at your notes from this week teaching, was there anything new you learned or anything that caught your attention, challenged you?
Read Philippians 1:1-13
Life Group Questions
(If you are a leader please make sure you choose the most relevant questions from this list. Keep in mind that your discussion is about transformation and not information)
- Discuss some of the negative things in your life.
- What is the imperial guard mentioned in Phil 1:13? How could Paul’s imprisonment create greater evangelistic confidence in others, as he claims in Phil 1:14?
- How are adverse events of your life making you speak or not to speak out the Gospel?
- What does it mean in Phil 1:15 that some were preaching Christ from envy and rivalry?
- How could Paul rejoice that the Gospel was being proclaimed in pretense?