Life Group Homework/ Bible Study & Food for Thought
生活小組作業 /聖經學習和 精神食糧
(Questions and Scriptures for further study 進一步研究的問題和經文）
Quick Review 快速回顧
Looking back at your notes from this week teaching, was there anything new you learned or anything that caught your attention, challenged you?
Read Luke 19:28-44
Life Group Questions
Digging Deeper 深入研
(If you are a leader please make sure you choose the most relevant questions from this list. Keep in mind that your discussion is about transformation and not information) （如果您是領導者，請確保您從此列表中選擇最相關的問題。 請記住，您的討論是關於轉變而不是資料）：
- Did you have a position of power over others? How does that position make you live and act towards people?
- What is the world’s definition of power?
- Do you consider yourself a spiritual person but not religious? Discuss.
- How much control do you have over life, events, money, savings, retirement, school, or future? So, if you realize that we do not have control of life, why do we hold on so much?
- Pastor David spoke that Jesus came down, down, down as he understood the power to serve and die for sins. In contrast, his disciples understand power as something to go up, up, up. How do we adjust our view of power?
- Read Luke 19: 28-44. Identify the reactions of all groups of characters in the story. How would you interpret the crying of Jesus in the midst of the praises and joy of crowds from Jerusalem?
- Read Matthew 16:13-23 and explain how Peter’s affirmation reveals, in fact, his understanding of power?
- If power is to go down, that means to serve; what can you do in this regard to have it?
- At GCC, we believe that power is to serve because power means following Jesus’ example. If you want this power, begin small, somewhere to serve.